November 18, 2008
Thunder weekly notebook
The Stockton Thunder stands at 5-6-2 (12 points) after going 1-1-2 this past week.
The Thunder hits the road for a trip to Idaho, where it will play the Steelheads Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. All three games start at 6:10 p.m. and can be heard on 1420 KSTN and B2 Networks.
The meetings are the first of the season between the clubs and the first of seven matchups against the Steelheads. The Thunder is 10-13-1 lifetime against the Steelheads and finished with a record of 3-6-0 in the season series last year. The last Thunder regular-season
win at Qwest Arena was Jan. 6, 2007 when the Thunder defeated Idaho 5-2.
- Points - Cory Urquhart (15)
- Goals - Cory Urquhart (5)
- Assists - Cory Urquhart (10)
- Plus/Minus - Garet Hunt (+6)
- Mike Lalonde is 10 points away from surpassing Nathan Martz as the Thunder career scoring leader
- Ryan MacMurchy is 6 games away from 100 in his professional career
- Cory Urquhart is 17 goals away from 100 in his ECHL career
- Craig Valette is 17 points away from 100 in his professional career
Notable: Cory Urquhart leads the Thunder in scoring and is tied for 11th
in ECHL scoring with 15 points (5g-10a) in 11 games. … Ryan Huddy leads the Thunder in rookie scoring and is tied for 12th among ECHL rookies with 11 points (4g-7a). Rookie Andrew Perugini is 3-0-1 in his first four games and is tied for fourth in the ECHL with a 2.14 goals-against-average. … Stockton is 4-3-2 on the road this season. … Stockton leads the ECHL in attendance with an average of 8,216 fans (four games).